Acid Hyaluronic injections
Acid Hyaluronic injections in the face area are part of the most practiced cosmetic medicine procedures throughout the world.
Having hydrophilic properties (attracting water), Hyaluronic Acid is a molecule naturally present in the body.
The ageing not only results in a cutaneous ageing in the face area with the appearance of wrinkles and little wrinkles, but also in a structural ageing responsible for the appearance of furrows (nasogenian, marionnette lines) as well as a poorer definition of the contours, and volume loss of the soft facial tissue.
Hyaluronic Acid is a synthetic filler whose main objectives are:
- To soften the wrinkles, fine lines and furrows.
- To reshape the facial contours.
- To restore the facial volumes.
- To rehydrate et revitalize the skin.
Dr. Petit will begin with questioning your medical histories in order to eliminate one of the following contraindications to Hyaluronic Acid:
- An autoimmune disease.
- A previous injection of permanent wrinkle fillers in the planned area of injection.
- A pregnancy or a current breastfeeding.
- Taking some medicines: anticoagulant medicines, corticosteroids.
He will listen to you in order to understand your discomfort and your requests relating to our face.
He will carry out a clinical examination of your face in order to define with you the possible actions according to your anatomy and to your request.
- Dr. Petit will give you information relating to main Hyaluronic Acid injection risks, so as to make an informed decision.
Good candidates for hyaluronic acid injections are those wishing
- To fill wrinkles and/or their deep cutaneous depressions (nasogenian furrows, marionnette lines).
- To redefine the facial contours.
- To reshape their eyebrows and/or their temples.
- To treat their hollow bags under the eyes.
- A medical rhinoplasty: to soften their bump, to improve the nose tip, to conceal a secondary defect following a surgical rhinoplasty.
- To improve the definition of their mouth: to redraw the shape of their lips, to increase their volume, to soften their vertical peribuccal fine lines.
- To restore their facial volumes in the cheekbones area as well as in the cheeks and chin regions.
Recommandations before hyaluronic acid injections
- 15 days before the injections : Discontinuation of medicines which increase bleeding: (aspirin, anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant medicines) in order to reduce the occurrence of ecchymosis relating to the treated regions.
- 1 hour before the injections : it is possible to apply « Emla » cream to your skin without makeup in the injection areas planned, in order to reduce pain relating to the injections.
Procedure steps relating to hyaluronic acid injections
The Hyaluronic Acid injections are performed at Dr.Petit’s Carnot Aesthetic and Surgical Center.
He will begin with taking photos of your face, and will identify the injection sites with a dermographic pencil.
After an antiseptic disinfection, he will perform the injections corresponding to the areas previously determined with you, with a very thin needle or a microcannula.
The Hyaluronic Acids used by Dr. Petit contain a local anesthesia product (lidocaine) reducing pain during the injection.
What to expect after hyaluronic acid injections
A redness of the skin, paleness, ecchymosis (bruise), an oedema (swelling), itching, sensitivity disorders and cutaneous irregularities are possible after Hyaluronic Acid injections. The latter are usually moderate and resolvent within a few days.
The discontinuation of medicines which increase bleeding is advocated. It is also recommended to avoid intensive physical activities, and the exposure of the treated areas to intense heat (sun, UV, sauna, hammam).
A socio-professional exclusion is not necessary.
Risks after hyaluronic acid injections
The complications of Hyaluronic Acid injections are rare and will be mentioned by Dr. Petit during the consultation.
Long-term and short-term results
The final result after Hyaluronic Acid injections is obtained within a few days, when the œdema has disappeared. Within a period of ten days, another consultation with Dr. Petit will be systematically planned in order to assess the result and if necessary, he will perform a possible additional injection.
Hyaluronic Acid is a resorbable, and therefore reversible wrinkle filler product. Its effect persists for a length of time varying from 9 to 15 months according to the type of product used.